I’m All Settled In

Welcome back! Sorry that it has taken me so long to update my blog. I have been crazy busy with school. So, lets do a quick recap of the last two weeks!

On Thursday, my parents and I made the long trek from North Carolina to New York. We got to where we were staying at about 11:30 that night. The next morning we ate breakfast at a small traditional diner in the next town over. Then we drove around for a little bit while my mom reminisced about her time at Miss Hall’s School. Later that night we went to visit some family and had dinner with them. We got back late that night and I went straight to bed as soon as we arrived in the house we were staying in. 

Saturday morning I woke up and prepared myself for the big move in! We hoped into the car and started driving to Massachusetts. We stopped at a small coffee and donut shop and had fall flavored donuts for breakfast. We decided that we would make it a tradition to stop there for donuts every time we went to Miss Halls. Move in day is kind of a blur. I got all my stuff into my room in a matter of minutes and then started the unpacking process. It didn’t take me as long as I had expected that it would. I did all the preparation for school stuff and sooner than I knew it, I was giving my parents hugs and kisses and they were driving away. When I came back to the room, I spent some time bonding with my roommate Michelle, and put up some pictures and posters.

On Sunday, I woke up bright and early for soccer tryouts at 9:00. After two hours of soccer and then lunch, the Sophomore and junior classes headed to the gym for class bonding activities. We played small group games that ended with a huge scavenger hunt all over the school. There were puzzles, and hula-hooping, and Hawaiian necklaces and at the end of the whole thing, an ice cream truck pulled into the circle with ice cream for everyone!

On Monday the whole school went to a outdoors camp for the day. My group spent the first half of the day rock climbing and the second part of the day we played team bonding games and then went to the low ropes course. 

On Tuesday school officially started. I went to all my classes, and then I had soccer practice right after that. I had a few issues with my schedule that I had to get sorted out and once I that, I was ready for the rest of the year. I am taking AP Chemistry, Spanish II, English III Honors, US History, Calculus, and Studio Art. Its a busy schedule, but I am enjoying it. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were the same with classes until 3:50, soccer until 5:30 and study hall from 7-9, except we didn’t have study hall on Friday because it was the weekend!

Friday night was our first Blue and Gold event. I was assigned to the blue team, just like my mom :). After all of the new students had been assigned a color, we went to the gym and played musical chairs, knockout, tug-o-war, and ended the night with a dance off. Unfortunately, the gold team won the whole night. After that, we watched a movie in the student center and then went to bed. Saturday we had our first soccer game. I was a starter playing center defense. We lost, but we did better than last year and only had three practices. Saturday night was the first dance of the season! Miss Halls and about 7 other boarding schools, boy and girl, came to the Klein and danced the night away! On Sunday, I had a rest day and spent most of the day in the art center working in my sketchbook. I finished all of my homework and wrote a few letters to my family and friends. I went to bed early to mentally prepare myself for the Monday blues. 

Monday dragged on. I was starting to develop a cold and I was not ready for the week to start. I made it through the day and headed to soccer practice, which luckily woke me up a little bit. After dinner, I had study hall and still had to finish some homework after study hall ended. Tuesday was a little better than Monday, but I was still tired. I went through my day as normal and was happy when it was over. Today was very nice because Wednesdays are half days, so I had 3 classes (I would have had 3, but my English teacher cancelled class for today) and was finished with school at 11:15. I finished all of my homework before soccer practice at 4, and now I am writing letters and finally putting up a blog post!

I’ll try to make these more often. I’m still kind of new to this whole blogging concept, and I’m trying to work in time for it in my busy schedule. I hope you had a wonderful week! Stay tuned for new adventures!


My desk.


My dresser


My bed.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s