Recently, I have found a new love for life, and I’m not entirely sure where it was sparked. Maybe its the cool autumn air, the beautiful colors of the changing leaves, or maybe being home for fall break gave me just the boost I needed.
Well, its no surprise that fall is my favorite season. There is something so refreshing about the transition from summer to fall, especially now that I live in Raleigh and fall means a break from the hot humid air of a piedmont summer. Also fall brings holidays, hot cocoa, and scarves. So, in honor of my favorite season and favorite month, I thought I would share with you a list of the things I love most about October and fall in general.
- Blue Ridge Parkway rides (I recently went home for fall break, and was stunned by the beauty of the mountains paired with the vibrant colors of the fall foliage)
- Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha (I’m not big on the pumpkin spice, but I’m always down for some salted caramel!)
- Hot drinks in general (hot coffee, cappuccinos, hot chocolate, and hot tea just aren’t the same in any other season)
- Sitting by the fireplace (now that I’m away at college, I don’t know how often I will be able to find a fireplace to sit by, but it will always be one of my favorite things about fall)
- Sweaters, Bean boots, and flannels (I am all about layering up and staying warm!)
- The weather is pristine, warm days and cool nights (who doesn’t like crisp cool air and a nice sweater to keep cozy?)
- Fall scents (whether it be pumpkin candles, freshly baked apple pie, or the smell of fallen leaves, the scents of fall are so wonderful)
- Crunching leaves (is it childish to say that I still try to find the crunchiest leaves to step on… there is something so satisfying about the sound of leaves)
- Beautiful sunsets (I have to say that overall, fall has the best sunsets of the year… hands down)
- Holidays and family (fall has this amazing ability to bring people together. I guess as the leaves change, we start to remember what matters the most)
So, there is a quick list of the things I love about fall. Obviously I could write for forever, but I wouldn’t want to bore you with my autumnal obsession. If you want to read more, I wrote a poem about fall two years ago, and you can click on this link to read it.
I hope the rest of your week is absolutely fantastic (we’re halfway there!).
Peace out, enjoy life, and live the adventure!