We all have a list of things that make us happy against all odds. Today I thought I would share that list with you, because I’m feeling particularly happy today, and wanted to spread the joy.
Now, just a disclaimer about this post: I chose not to include things like my family, or my best friends, because that should just be a given. This list is for the small things, the things that seem inconsequential.
- Airports: You know that feeling you get when you walk into the arrivals hall of an airport… even if you don’t have anyone picking you up, but you feel the insane amounts of love in that room. That is what makes me so happy about airports. I could spend hours in an arrivals hall, just soaking in all the happy vibes.
- Coffee: There really is nothing better than a hot cup of coffee on a cold morning. It wakes you up, it makes you feel warm inside, and it tastes like heaven in a cup.
- Candles: It sort of sucks that you can’t have candles at college, because I would always have them lit. They make me feel so homey.
- Giraffes: Must I explain this one? I don’t know what it is about them, but they just make the world a better place.
- Ellen Degeneres: Before I moved away to college, I would come home from school everyday and sit and watch Ellen. The crazy amounts of good that she does for the world is insane. Definitely a contender for my female role model (post coming soon).
- Maps: I think that this ties back to my love to travel. Maps hold so much possibility within them. So many places to visit, so many memories to be made. They all look the same, yet they hold entirely different meaning to each and every person.
- Stars: Getting lost in the stars on cool summer nights has to be one of my favorite past times. Looking up and wondering what else the world holds. It just makes me happy.
- A good pencil/pen: This is a simple one, but whenever I find the right pen or pencil, I feel for a minute like my life is all put together.
- Camping: A somewhat recent one for me, but none the less, I do enjoy camping. During the camping trip I went on this summer, I bonded with people I might have never bonded with, and did things I might have never done (heck, I pooped in the woods!).
- Craft stores: Yesterday I went to Joanne Fabrics, and spent probably close to an hour walking up and down the isles. Luckily I only left with the fabric that I went in there for, but it opened up my creative mind a bit.
So, there is a list of things that make me happy. Comment down below if you share any of the same joys, or tell me what your favorite things are.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and I’ll talk to you again on Wednesday!
Peace out, enjoy life, and live the adventure!